Defining qualifications for a report
If you want to further refine the data that appears in a specific report, you can define qualifications that are used to search for matching data when generating your report. You define these in the qualifications field of the reports form; up to a maximum of five qualifications at a time.
To define qualifications for a report
- Log on to the Service Level Management Console.
- Click Reporting to access the Report Console.
- From the Report Name list, select the report you want to generate.
The reports described here are those available for the Service Level Management application.
- In the Define Report Qualification area, select your qualifications from the list, for example, Status = Deployed.
This is optional. Adding qualifications reduces the number of records retrieved when you run a report.
- From the Field 1 list, select a field for which you want to generate reports.
- Select a qualifier from the Operand list.
- Type the value for which you want to qualify your report in the Value field.
Repeat these steps for other fields.
You can use all five rows in the area to define your qualifications.
- To add advanced qualifications, click Advanced Qualification, and follow the steps listed in Generating a report using advanced qualifications.
- From the Destination list, select the output format for your report.
- File — The report is saved to the path and file you specify.
- Printer — The report is sent to the printer you specified in the Print Setup dialog box.
- Screen — Your report appears in a separate window.
- Click Run Report.
Your report is output to the specified destination.