When the user selects the impact and urgency of a problem investigation or a known error, Problem Management adds the numerical weights together to calculate the priority weight.
The urgency values, which you configure here, map the four levels of urgency to numerical urgency weights. You can set the urgency weight for each of the four levels of impact for both problem investigations and known errors. A complete set of global values are installed with Problem Management.
After you change the weight for an urgency level, you must reselect the urgency in each of the applicable prioritization formulas. For details, see Problem prioritization.
To configure problem urgency values
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Problem Management > Advanced Options > Priority and Weight Ranges - Urgency Values, and then click Open.
The Configure Problem Urgency form appears.
- To modify a global urgency, search for the appropriate urgency, then open it.
Example of problem urgency value
Click the following figure to expand it.
If you are creating new values for a specific company, you must first read this entire section, starting with Problem priority and weight ranges.
- To create a new value for a specific company perform the following tasks.
- From the Form Name list, select whether this urgency value applies to problem investigations or known errors.
- Select the company to which this urgency value applies.
- Select the appropriate urgency.
- Type or select the appropriate urgency weight.
- In the Description field, you can enter a descriptive note.
- Click Save.