Paging a person or on-call group
You can page individuals or the on-call member of a group about the current record using the Paging System feature.
To page a person or an on-call group member
- Open the incident request or problem investigation record.
- In the Navigation pane, choose Functions > Paging System.
- In the Navigation pane, choose More> Paging System.
- Select one of the following options:
- Page By Person to page an individual
- Page By On-Call Group to page the on-call member of a specified group
- Select the recipient:
- Complete the fields in the Search Criteria area, and then click Search.
Click the recipient's name in the search results table, and then click Select.
f you are sending a page to a person (instead of an on-call group) and need help determining the correct person, you can see more information about the individual by selecting their name from the list, and then clicking View. This opens the People form, which contains detailed information about the recipient.
- Complete the fields in the Paging Information area, as follows, and then click Send Page Now.
Pager Service Provider — Select the recipient's pager service provider from the list.
If you are sending a page to a person, you can find this information by selecting the person's name from the search results list, and then clicking View (as described in step 4). When the People form appears, click the Notifications tab and look for the following field: Pager Service Provider.
To learn more about the service provider, click the button with the globe icon beside the field to open a link that takes you to the service provider's website. This link is configured by your administrator, as described in the Configuring pager service.
- Pager Type — The application fills in this field automatically, using information already recorded about the receipt.
- Pager Number — The application automatically fills in this field with the pager's telephone number, when possible. If the pager number is recorded, you must enter the pager number manually. See the Manual Pager Number description in this list.
- Pager Email — If the pager has an email address, type it here. If you are sending the page to a person, this information is available on the Notifications tab, as described previously.
- Manual Pager Number — If the pager's telephone number is not available automatically from the paging system, type the pager's telephone number here.
- Alphanumeric Pager Message or Numeric Pager Message — Type your message in this field. Be aware that only one of these fields is enabled, depending on the type of pager the recipient carries.