Documenting work with a vendor
Use the following procedure to track investigations that require vendor support, and to indicate when you assign an investigation to a vendor. If you assign an investigation to a vendor, you must communicate with the vendor as appropriate. Problem Management does not notify the vendor.
To document work with a vendor
- Open the relevant problem investigation as described in Viewing problem investigations.
- In the Vendor field, indicate the vendor's name.
- If the vendor is already defined, select the vendor.
- If the vendor is not listed on the menu, type the vendor's name.
- If available, enter the Vendor Ticket Number.
The Vendor Ticket Number is a tracking number issued by the vendor's tracking system for the problem investigation that you are assigning to that vendor.
- Click Save.
Configuring vendor companies– for instructions about how to create a vendor company
Configuring access to the vendor company – for instructions about providing access to the vendor company
Creating support groups (custom configuration) – for instructions about creating a support group for a vendor company