Creating a related incident from an incident
You can relate an incident to another incident as a related request. When you create a related incident, information from the original incident is copied to the new incident.
To help ensure accuracy and completeness, we recommend that you create a related incident to copy information from the original incident.
We recommend not using CTRL + ALT +C to copy information from an incident.
To create a related incident
- Open the incident request record.
- Create an incident that is related to the original incident request.
- From the Quick Actions area, click the arrow beside Create Related Request.
- From the menu, select Incident.
In the incident form that appears, the information from the original incident is copied. A relationship is created between the two incidents.
- Complete the incident form as described in Creating an incident request record without a template.
- Click Save.