Assigning an investigation to a specialist
For information about how to reassign the investigation to another support group or to an assignee in another support group, see Reassigning the problem investigation.
To assign an investigation to a specialist
- Open the relevant problem investigation as described in Viewing problem investigations.
Indicate the appropriate assignee, as shown in the following table:
Task Actions To assign the investigation to yourself
In the Navigation pane, choose Quick Actions > Assign to Me.
To assign the investigation based on predefined routing
In the Navigation pane, choose Quick Actions > Auto Assign.
To assign the investigation to a specific person
- Click the Work Detail tab.
- From the Assigned Group menu, select the support group.
- From the Assignee menu, select the name of the person you want to assign as the assignee.
Note: The Assignee menu displays the list of people that belong to support group you select, irrespective of the permissions they have.
- Change the status to Assigned.
- Click Save.