Recording effort spent on an investigation
You can record time spent working on the investigation. The Effort Time Spent field is an informational field that tracks the time spent on the investigation per session.
You perform this task in the Classic view.
To record effort spent on an investigation
- Open the relevant problem investigation as described in Viewing problem investigations.
- In the Navigation pane, choose Advanced Functions > Track Effort.
- Complete the Investigation Effort Log dialog box as appropriate.
You can change the assignee effort duration for your own effort logs, but not those of another support group or individual.
The time values in the Effort Duration Hours and Minutes fields are not filled in by the system. You must type these values manually. Also, if you are updating the Effort Duration, you must make the calculations manually and then type the new values in the Hours and Minutes fields. For example, if you previously logged 10 minutes on a problem investigation and then spent an additional 90 minutes on the investigation (for a new total of 1 hour and 40 minutes), you type 1 in the Hours field and 40 in the Minutes field.
- Click Add to save your total effort time in the effort log.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.