Modifying work information entries
If the work information entry is not locked, you can modify any field on it. How you do this depends on where you are in the application. The following procedures are provided:
To modify a work information entry from the console
The following procedure describes how to modify the notes, add attachments, lock the entry so it cannot be modified later, and change the viewing access level.
- From the Incident or Problem console, select the incident request or problem investigation record.
- At the bottom of the console, if the Tasks table is visible, open the Detail area by clicking Show Detail.
- From the list of work information entries, select the work information record that you want to update.
- Click View.
Make the required modification as described in the following table:
To update the note
Click inside the Notes field and type the changes.
To add an attachment
Right-click in the attachment table and select Add from the menu that appears, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: Attachments to work information entries created in BMC Service Request Management are not transferred with information sent to a back-end application, such as an incident, a change request, or a work order. You can access the attachments only from the service request.
To lock the entry
From the Locked list, select Yes or No.
Note: If you select Yes, the work information entry cannot be modified after you save it.
To change the view access level
From the View Access list, select Internal or Public from the View Access list.
Select Internal if you want only users with application permissions for Incident Management or Problem Management to see the entry.
Select Public if you want everyone with access to the system to see the entry, including requesters.
In environments that also run BMC Service Request Management, when a work note with the Public access level is created in an incident request or a problem investigation that originated with the BMC Service Request Management console, the work note also appears in the request's activity log in the Request Entry console of BMC Service Request Management. If the work note is updated, the original work note remains in the request's activity log, but the updated information is placed in a new entry in the request's activity log.
If the work note is updated and the Assignee marks it as Internal, the original work note remains in the request's activity log, but the updated information is not displayed.
- Click Save.
To modify a work information entry from an open incident request (Classic view)
- With the incident request or problem investigation record open, click the Work Info tab.
- Select the work information entry that you want to update.
- Complete the fields on the tab as described in Modifying work information entries.
To modify a work information entry from an open incident request (Best Practice view)
- Open the incident request or problem investigation record.
- On the Work Details tab, select the work information entry that you want to update.
The Notes field updates to contain the work info text and the More Details area expands to reveal the hidden fields.
Make the required changes.
If you need to remove an attachment, click the Eraser icon beside the associated Attachment field.
- Click Save.