Incident Management console header
Adds a new record.
Opens the Search feature.
A navigation aid that contains links to related records that you opened from the current incident request. For more information about the Breadcrumb bar, see Navigating consoles, forms, and modules.
Breadcrumb navigation controls
- Back button — Takes you back one link in the breadcrumb trail.
- Forward button — Takes you forward one link in the breadcrumb trail. The Forward button is visible only if you have returned to a record on the breadcrumb trail that you previously viewed.
- Drop-down menu — Contains links to all the records that you have viewed from the current incident request, including records that might not currently be visible in breadcrumb trail.
- Home icon — Takes you to the IT Home page.
Refreshes the data in the tables.
If you have BMC Knowledge Management installed, this search feature lets you search across multiple forms for records that match a key term. For more information about using this search, see Using Global search.
Magnifying glass icon
The Show, Filter By, and By Role fields combine to control which incident request records appear in the Incidents table.
- Show — This field has a menu from which you select the basic criteria by which you want to filter the contents of the Incident table. The menu choices include:
- Submitted by me — All incident requests submitted by you
- All — All incident requests, regardless of who submitted them
- Assigned to me — All incident requests assigned to you
- Assigned to my selected groups — All incident requests assigned to a specific support group of which you are a member. If you select this, you are prompted to select the support group.
- Assigned to all my groups — All incident requests assigned to all of the support groups of which you are a member
- Watch List — All incident requests on the Watch List
Note: If you select Watch List, Filter By is not available.
- Filter By — This field places further conditions on the criteria that you chose in the Show and Role fields. This helps you to manage the number of records returned by the search. For example, if you select Assigned To All My Groups from the Show field and Owner from the Role field and All Open > Critical Priority from the Filter By field, then the Incidents table contains all records assigned to your groups for which you are the owner, with the priority of Critical.
- Magnifying glass icon — Click this icon to open the Manage My Searches dialog box, from which you can edit, save, and delete custom searches. Saved custom searches appear in the My Searches list under the Filter By field. For more information about Manage My Searches, see Managing custom searches.
- By Role — From this field, select an Incident Management assignment role: Assignee, Owner, or All (meaning Assignee or Owner, or both). The By Role selection combines with the Show selection to limit the records presented in the Incident table. For example, if you select Assigned To All My Groups from the Show field and Owner from the Role field, then all records assigned to the groups that you belong to, for which the group is the assigned owner, appear in the Incident table. You can configure a default Role field selection using Application Preferences.
Note: The By Role field is unavailable if you select All or Submitted By Me from the Show menu.
- More Filters — If you still have a large number of records after using the Show, Role, and Filter By fields, click More Filters to open a dialog box that contains fields in which you can indicate even more precise information, such as product or operational categories. For example, using More Filters you can add the product category Hardware to the filter. The funnel icon beside the More Filters link is active when a filter from this area is used.
View Broadcast, or New Broadcast
Opens the broadcast dialog box, where you can view, create, modify, and delete broadcasts.
When there are unread broadcast messages, this area displays the message
New Broadcast, along with the number of new messages. When there are new broadcast messages, the area also turns red. From more information, see Broadcasting messages in this table.
If you open the console with no new broadcast messages, but the View Broadcast link is red, open the Application Preferences dialog box and make sure that a Console View preference has been selected. For information about how to view and select the Console View preference, see Setting application preferences in this table.
This area contains incident request metrics. The numbers relate to the selection in the Show field. For example, if the Show field contains Submitted by me, then the metrics that appear in this area show the open, unassigned, unacknowledged, and breached incidents that were submitted by you.
The count categories are:
- Open – refers to requests with a status of: Assigned, Pending or In Progress.
- Unassigned – refers to requests that are not assigned to an individual.
- Unacknowledged – refers to requests with a status of: Assigned, or Pending. A request is no longer considered unacknowledged after you change its status to In Progress.
- Breached – refers to requests that have exceeded one or more service level agreements (SLA). For example, if the SLA requires all password reset requests to be acknowledged within 60 minutes and there is a password reset request that still has a status of Assigned after 61 minutes, that request would appear in the Breached count.
- If you set up a specific Company from your application preferences, the incident metrics that appear in the Counts area is restricted to the specific Company that you selected.
- The total number of Unassigned, Unacknowledged, and Breached requests might, or might not, equal the count for Open.
For example, consider a situation where you have the following counts:
In this case, the number of Unassigned and Unacknowledged records plus the number of breached records totals more than the number of open records. That's because, six of the 19 open requests are in breach of the SLA.
- Open 19
- Unassigned 0
- Unacknowledged 17
- Breached 6
Use the links in this area to do the following actions:
This area contains links to other BMC applications, consoles, and modules. The contents of this area depend on what other applications and so on are installed. Click the double greater-than sign to open or close this panel.
A list of the incident request records according to the company selected in the Show field and the Filter By field.
Creates a new incident request record.
Create for Company (for Hub and Spoke installations
Creates a new incident request record after asking you to identify the company you are creating the record for.
Shows the incident request record that is selected in the Incidents table.
Prints the selected record in the Watch List and the Incidents table.
Opens the detailed Incident Management process in the BMC Service Management Process Model, if the full BMC Service Management Process Model application is installed and configured. Otherwise, it opens a high-level diagram of the incident management process.
Opens the Service Context Summary view for the record selected in the console table. The Service Context button is only available when a business service CI is associated with the incident record. If a business service CI is associated with the incident record, the CI name appears in the Service column of the Incident table. For more information about Service Context, see Using BMC Atrium Service Context.
Select the action from the menu. You can perform the following quick actions:
- Assign to group member — Reassigns the incident request to another member of your group
- Assign to me — Reassigns the incident request to yourself
- Incident Closure — Moves incident requests with a status of Resolved to the Closed status
Click Preferences to open a menu from which you can add or remove columns from the table, set the rate at which the application refreshes the table contents, or restore the default table preferences.
Detail and Tasks
Details — When selected, contains detailed information about the record selected in the Incidents table. To see Incident Details when the Tasks table is showing, click Show Details.
The Create, View, and Report icons relate to the work information notes that appear in the table. For information about working with work information notes, see Creating work information entries.
Note: You can sort the table by clicking any of the column headings except Notes. The table does not sort on the Notes column.
Tasks — When selected, lets you view tasks associated with the incident request record selected in the Incidents table. To see Tasks when Details is showing, click Show Tasks.