Relating incident requests as duplicates
You can relate an incident request to another incident request as a duplicate.
When you change the status of the original incident request to Resolved, Closed, or Canceled, the system performs the following actions:
- Copies the following fields from the original request to the duplicate request:
- Operational Categorization
- Product Categorization
- Resolves all of the duplicate requests.
Also, if the service indicated in the Service field of the original incident request is a registered service of the company for which the duplicate request was submitted, and the duplicate record's Service field is empty, the system copies the service from the original incident request to the duplicate.
You can also relate an incident to an incident that is already resolved or closed. If you do this, the action of relating the two requests also copies the fields listed above from the original incident to the duplicate.
To relate an incident request as a duplicate
For information about creating relationships, see Defining relationships.
Consider the following points when creating the relationship:
- If the current incident is a duplicate of the original incident, from the Relationship Type list, select Duplicate of.
- If the current incident is the original incident, from the Relationship Type list, select Original of.