When you have completed a task, you are ready to close it.
Depending on how your system is configured, you might not be able to resolve the incident until you close the task.
To close a task
- Open an incident record and click the Tasks tab.
- Select a task and click View.
- On the task form, click the Assignment tab.
- Update the time you spent on the task.
You can create an entry in the effort log as needed.
- Click the Work Info tab.
- Make an entry in the Work Info History field.
- At the top of the Task form, set the Status field to Closed.
When a task is set to a status of Closed and certain conditions apply, you have the option of updating related CIs that might be affected by this modification.
- Select a status reason to describe how the task was closed. The closure codes are:
- Click Save.