Accessing BMC Knowledge Management
This procedure describes how to access the BMC Knowledge Management application from Incident Management.
Other topics provided include:
To access BMC Knowledge Management
If you have access to BMC Knowledge Management, you can use that application to look for a solution, as described in the following table.
When using the Best Practice view
When using the Classic view
With the incident request record open, from the Functions area of the Navigation pane, click Search Knowledge Base.
With the incident request record open, from the Quick Links area of the Navigation pane, click Search Knowledge Base.
For information about using BMC Knowledge Management, see thedocumentation.
If you have access to BMC Knowledge Management, you can use that application to help you with the following tasks:
- Performing a first call resolution
- Searching knowledge base entries during a root cause analysis
- Performing a problem investigation by finding similar problem investigations
- Searching for matching or similar:
- Performing a global search for records that match a key term
- Creating a knowledge base article from resolved incidents