When a user selects the impact and urgency of a problem investigation or a known error, Problem Management adds the numerical weights together to calculate the priority weight and assign a descriptive priority, such as Critical.
The Configure Problem Prioritization form displays the prioritization formulas. A complete set of global prioritization formulas is installed with Problem Management.
If you change the weight for an impact or urgency level, or change a priority weight range, you must reselect the impact or urgency in the applicable prioritization formulas.
To configure problem prioritization
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Problem Management> Advanced Options> Priority and Weight Ranges> Prioritization.
The Configure Problem Prioritization form appears.
To modify a global prioritization formula, search for the appropriate prioritization, and then open it. The following graphic displays shows how you can configure problem priority.
If you are creating new prioritization formulas for a specific company, you must first read this entire section, starting with Problem priority and weight ranges.
- To create a new prioritization formula for a specific company perform the following tasks.
- From the Form Name list, select whether this prioritization formula applies to problem investigations or known errors.
- Select the company to which this prioritization applies.
- As appropriate, select or reselect the impact level from the Impact list.
The value of the impact weight is updated to the current value from the Configure Problem Impact form.
- As appropriate, select or reselect the urgency level from the Urgency list.
The value of the urgency weight is updated to the current value from the Configure Problem Urgency form.
- In the Description field, you can enter a descriptive note.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 for each prioritization formula that contains a changed impact weight or changed urgency weight.