Hiding or displaying the Task and the Categorization tabs in Problem Management
You can control whether the Tasks and the Categorization tabs appear in the best practice view of the Problem Investigation form. Both of the tabs appear by default.
If your organization does not use the Task Management System feature, or does not use operational or product categorizations (which appear on the Categorization tab) when managing problem investigations, then you can hide these tabs. You do this from the Application Administration console.
You might perform this procedure, for example, if you want to simplify the view by hiding tabs that are not used.
To hide the Tasks and the Categorization tabs
- Log in to the BMC Remedy ITSM suite using an account that has Problem Config permissions.
- From the IT Home page, open the Application Administration console.
- From the Custom Configuration tab, select Problem Management > Advanced Options > Problem Management Settings.
- On the Problem Management Settings dialog box, click Show Settings.
- From the Show Problem Task Tab menu, select No.
- From the Show Problem Categorization Tab menu, select No.
- Click Add/Modify Settings, and then click Close.
If these tabs are hidden and you need to display them, reverse this procedure by selecting Yes in steps 5 and 6.