Searching for matching records
By using the record matching features, you can search for existing records that describe incidents that are similar to the one you are currently trying to resolve. This helps you ensure that you do not spend time and effort trying to resolve issues that were resolved previously.
To search for matching records
- Open or create an incident request.
- Use one of the following methods to search for a solution:
- Incident Matching feature. To use this method, continue with step 3.
- BMC Knowledge Management application. When installed, this application is available from the Links area of the Navigation pane when the Incident Request form is open. For detailed information about how to open this application, see To access BMC Knowledge Management.
- In the Navigation pane, choose Functions > Incident Matching.
- To view details of a matching record, perform the following steps:
- In the search results list at the bottom of the search form, select a record.
- Click View.
- If the matching record resolves the current incident, from the Relationship Type list, select Resolved by.
- To relate the record in the search results list and to copy its solution to the resolution of the incident, click Relate with Solution.
Alternatively, to relate the record without the solution, click Relate Without Solution.If you do not use the selected matching solution, the system returns you to the Incident Matching form that contains the list of matching records so that you can continue to look for a matching record.