Recording CI unavailability in Incident Management
CI unavailability is the actual down-time of a CI. You can record CI unavailability due to an unexpected circumstance from the incident.
You can record CI unavailability only if BMC Asset Management is installed.
To record CI unavailability
- Open the incident request record.
- Click the Relationships tab.
- From the Request Type list, select Configuration Item, and then click Search.
- Click inside the CIs table to refresh the contents and then select the CI record against which you want to record the unavailability.
- In the Relationship Type field of the CI Relationships Search dialog box, select the relationship type.
- Click Relate with Unavailability.
Relate with Unavailability is available only when you are searching for CIs to relate to an incident.
- In the Unavailability Type list, select whether the unavailability is scheduled or unscheduled, and whether it is full or partial unavailability.
- Select the actual start date of the unavailability.
- Complete additional fields of the form, as appropriate.
- Click Save.
- Close the CI Relationship Search dialog box.