Recording CI unavailability in Incident Management
CI unavailability is the actual down-time of a CI. You can record CI unavailability due to an unexpected circumstance from the incident.
You can record CI unavailability only if Remedy Asset Management is installed.
To record CI unavailability
- Open the incident request record.
- Click the Relationships tab.
- From the Request Type list, select Configuration Item, and then click Search.
- Click inside the CIs table to refresh the contents and then select the CI record against which you want to record the unavailability.
- In the Relationship Type field of the CI Relationships Search dialog box, select the relationship type.
Click Relate with Unavailability. This field is available only when you are searching for CIs to relate to an incident.
- In the Unavailability Type list, select whether the unavailability is scheduled or unscheduled, and whether it is full or partial unavailability.
- Select the actual start date of the unavailability.
- Complete additional fields of the form, as appropriate.
- Click Save.
- Close the CI Relationship Search dialog box.