FAQs and additional resources
This topic provides information that supplements the BMC Service Desk documentation. It contains the following sections:
Frequently asked questions
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC Service Desk.
Where to find information previously provided in a PDF guide or manual
Where to find information previously provided in release notes
Type of information
Found here in
New features (enhancements) and other information
Where to find information previously provided in a white paper
Found here in
BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.03 Section 508 User Accessibility Options White Paper
BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.03 Integrations White Paper
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Placed in context throughout this space, but listed and linked to in Release notes and notices
If BMC publishes urgent information about this product, you will find it under the Flash heading in Release notes and notices . Note that you will see the Flash heading only if an urgent issue is published.
The documentation for this version of BMC Service Desk is split between multiple spaces, so a space-level search performed in the box in the left navigation pane does not search all the documentation for this release. The following spaces document this release:
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite: Provides suite level information for BMC Service Desk.
- BMC Service Desk: Provides information for BMC Service Desk.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC Service Desk documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Service Desk, BMC Communities
- BMC Service Desk Support, BMC Service Desk Support page
- BMC Customer Support, BMC Communities
- Search the BMC Support Knowledge base, filter your searches using Incident Management or Problem Management in your search term
- BMC Service Desk learning path, BMC Educational Services
- BMC Service Desk offerings, high level product information
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, high level product information
- Documentation for related products:
Log in or register to comment.