Configuring the Email Rule Engine
As an administrator, configure the Email Rule Engine to allow the creation and updating of service requests by email.
To perform any Email Rule Engine configuration procedure, you must have Email Rule Config permissions (these are Foundation related permissions). Also, ensure that the Remedy Email Engine is installed on your system. This includes ensuring that the specific email inbox that your system will use to receive the incoming email is configured. For information about configuring mailboxes, see Configuring BMC Remedy Email Engine.
Also, for the user creating the email service request, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- The user's People record is configured with their email address and a Login ID.
- The user’s email address is configured as a ‘Trusted address’ and a recipient is associated with it.
For an overview of the email service request feature, see Record creation and updates by email.
Process for configuring the Email Rule Engine
The process of configuring the Email Rule Engine consists of the following tasks:
- Configure the Excluded Subjects list.
- Configure the Email Rule Engine use cases.
- Enable the Email Rule Engine.