Using Incident Management scripts
Scripts are detailed instructions that have been set up at your company to help you record important information about an incident request. You have access only to scripts that have been set up for your support group. Scripts might include a list of questions to ask the user. These questions can assist you in resolving or assigning the incident.
The following list describes the types of scripts:
- Initiator scripts--Select an initiator script when you record an incident after you indicate the user.
- Assignment scripts--Select an assignment script when you assign or reassign an incident after you indicate the assignee. The assignment scripts correspond to the group to which you are assigning the incident. For example, a networking group might have specific questions for you to ask the user when you assign the incident.
To use an Initiator script
- On the Incident Management console, click Create.
- Record the user's information in the Customer field.
- From the Navigation pane, select Advanced Functions > Initiator Script.
To use an Assignment script
- On the Incident Management console, open an incident request record or click Create.
- Ensure the user's name is recorded in the Customer field.
- Ensure that an assigned group is recorded in the Assigned Group field.
- From the Navigation pane, select Advanced Functions > Assignment Script.