Reviewing the status of an incident request
If a customer calls to inquire about the status of a registered incident request, you can quickly review all of the customer's active records (that is, records that do not have a status of Closed) from the incident request form, using the following procedure.
To review the status of an incident request
- From the Incident Management console, click Create.
- In the Customer or Contact field on the new Incident Request form, type the customer's or the contact's information and then press Enter.
The application updates the new incident request record with the customer's information.
- In the Quick Actions area, click Customer's Incidents.
- In the Customer's Incidents window, select the incident request you are reviewing the status for and click View.
The Incident form opens in a Modify window.
- When you finish reviewing the status, choose one of the following actions:
- Close — Returns you to the Customer's Incidents window. Choose this if you need to review the status of another incident request record for the same customer.
- Close All — Returns you to the Search form. Choose this when you finish reviewing the status of incident requests for the customer.