Use this procedure to create two types of scripts: Initiator scripts and Assignment scripts.
- Initiator scripts are created and used by the support group that creates incidents. They can be used to provide service desk analysts with questions to ask customers about an incident.
- Assignment scripts are created by non-service desk support groups that are generally assigned incidents for resolution. These scripts provide service desk analysts with questions to ask customers about their incidents so they can collect information that is relevant to the support group assigned the incident.
To create a script
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Incident Management > Script Configuration > Script Database, and then click Open.
The Script Setup form appears.
- Click Add.
The Script Update form appears.
- In the Script Type field, select Assignment or Initiator.
- Enter a description and select the status.
- In Copy Field, select where the script is copied when it is selected.
- Click Select Group.
- In the Select My Group dialog box, select the support group for this script, then click OK.
- In the Script field, enter the text of the script, such as a list of questions to ask a customer about an issue.
- Click Save.
After you create a script, you must relate it to a mapping entry to make it available for selection in BMC Remedy ITSM forms, such as the Incident form in Incident Management.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you