Creating an email generated incident request
This topic describes how to use email to create an incident request.
Before you begin
Check with your system administrator to ensure that your BMC Service Desk system is configured for the following:
- to work with email-generated service requests.
- to apply an incident template to the incident using BMC Helix Cognitive Automation.
Because the email feature is highly configurable, the procedure in this topic provides only general instructions. Check with your system administrator for the specific information that applies to your email environment.
To create an incident request by using email
- Open your email editor and create a new email message.
- In the To field, enter the email account that is registered with the BMC Remedy Email Engine to receive and generate incident requests.
- Complete the Subject field and the body text according to the rules configured by your system administrator.
- If you have an attachment, add it to the email message.
The system adds attachments to the service request's Work Information form. If you add multiple attachments, the system creates a zip file and adds it to the Work Information form.
- Click Send.
If BMC Helix Cognitive Automation is configured for your email system, a relevant template is applied to the incident. Also, if your email system is configured to send acknowledgments, you receive a confirmation message containing the incident request ID. See the following figures with work notes:
Template applied by Cognitive Service Management
Cognitive Service Management could not find relevant template