Configuring the Customer and Contact search type
You can configure which of the People form fields the application uses to search against when the user types information into either the Customer or the Contact field.
Configuring the customer and contact search type lets the user type some information in the field and then press Enter to return a list of partial matches from which an exact match can be chosen.You can configure the Customer and the Contact fields to search against one of the following People form fields:
- Corporate ID
- First Name
- Internet Email (default)
- Last Name
- Login ID
- Phone Number
For example, using the default configuration, the application searches against the internet email address that appears on the People form. Therefore, if the user types AAl in either the Customer or the Contact field and then presses Enter, the application returns a list of all people whose email address starts with AAl (Arthur Albertson, Allen Allworth, Anita Alman, and so on).
To configure the Customer and Contact search type
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Incident Management > Advanced Options > Incident Management Settings, and then click Open.
- Click Show Settings to populate the Customer and Contact Search Type field with the current setting.
- From the Customer and Contact Search Type list, select the type of search you want.
- Click Add/Modify Settings to save the setting.