Adding work information entries from the console table
Use this procedure to add an information entry to a record from either the Incident or Problem console table.
To add work information entries from the console table
- From the console, select the record you need to add a work information entry to.
- At the bottom of the console, if the Tasks table is visible, open the Detail area by clicking Show Detail.
- Click Create.
- Enter the work information details in the Work Info dialog box.
- To add an attachment to the record, right-click in the attachment table and select Add from the menu that appears.
- Choose whether to lock the work log.
If you select Yes, you cannot modify the work log after you save it.
- Choose the type of view access:
- Internal — Choose this if you do not want the customer to see the work information entry on the Requester console or the BMC Service Request Management console.
- Public — Choose this if you want the customer to see the work information entry.
The information in this note applies to environments that also run BMC Service Request Management.
When a work note is created in a request that originated from the BMC Service Request Management console and is marked as Public, the work note also appears in the request's activity log in the Request Entry console of BMC Service Request Management. If the work note is updated, the original work note remains in the request's activity log, but the updated information is placed in a new entry in the request's activity log.
If the work note is updated and the Assignee marks it as Internal, the original work note remains in the request's activity log, but the updated information is not displayed.
- Click Save.
To see a report of selected work information entries, select one or more entries, and click Report.