Remedy Service Desk 18.05
Learn what’s new or changed for BMC Service Desk 18.05 release, including new features, urgent issues, documentation updates, and fixes or patches.
This section only includes information about changes since the most recent release of BMC Service Desk. If you are upgrading from a previous release, review the release notes for all applicable versions of the product. For example, if you are upgrading from version 7.6.04, review the release notes for versions 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, 9.1, and 18.05.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
As an end user, access and navigate the interface and use Remedy Service Desk to manage incidents and problems.
As a developer, develop incident management and problem management integrations.
As an administrator, manage configuration items and archive Remedy Service Desk records.
As an administrator, set up integrations with other BMC products or third-party software.
Resolve common issues or errors, review logs, or contact Support.
Use Remedy Service Desk to manage incidents and problems, understand user permissions and sample data for incident management templates.
(On-premises only) Install and perform initial system configuration.
(On-premises only) Upgrade based on the latest system requirements and software.
Frequently asked questions
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC Service Desk.
Where to find information previously provided in a PDF guide or manual
Found here in
|Incident Management User Guide|
|Problem Management User Guide|
Configuring after installation
|Guide to Multi-Tenancy|
|Notification Engine Guide|
|Data Management Administration Guide|
|Task Management System Administration Guide|
Where to find information previously provided in a white paper
Found here in
BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.03 Section 508 User Accessibility Options White Paper
BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.03 Integrations White Paper
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Placed in context throughout this space, but listed and linked to in Release notes and notices
If BMC publishes urgent information about this product, you will find it under the Flash heading in Release notes and notices. Note that you will see the Flash heading only if an urgent issue is published.
The documentation for this version of BMC Service Desk is split between multiple spaces, so a space-level search performed in the box in the left navigation pane does not search all the documentation for this release. The following spaces document this release:
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC Service Desk documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Service Desk, BMC Communities
- BMC Service Desk Support, BMC Service Desk Support page
- BMC Customer Support, BMC Communities
- Search the BMC Support Knowledge base, filter your searches using Incident Management or Problem Management in your search term
- BMC Service Desk learning path, BMC Educational Services
- BMC Service Desk offerings, high level product information
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite, high level product information
- Documentation for related products: