The SAMLv2 logon authentication that is SP initiated, has the following workflow:
- User accesses the protected application from a mobile device or through a web browser.
- Web Agent redirects the user to Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) console.
- Remedy SSO sends a request to IdP to authenticate user.
- IdP presents a login form to user for authentication.
User enters valid credentials.
- IdP performs user authentication.
- IdP forms authentication response and sends it back to the Remedy SSO server.
- Remedy SSO server processes authentication response, validates it, and extracts the assertion that carries user data.
- Remedy SSO creates a session for the user.
- The user is allowed to access the application.