Remedy SSO overview
Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) is an authentication system for a multi software environment that enables users to present credentials for authentication only once. After Remedy SSO authenticates the users, they can gain access to any other application with automatic authentication without providing the credentials again.
Remedy SSO supports the following authentication methods:
- BMC Remedy AR System Server
- Kerberos (Starting from version 9.1.01)
- Certificate-based (Starting from version 9.1.01)
- Remedy SSO authentication or Local authentication (Starting from version 9.1.02)
- OAuth 2.0 (Starting from version 9.1.04)
- OpenID Connect (Starting from version 9.1.04)
Based on the organization’s requirement, you can configure any of the authentication methods to authenticate the users for various BMC applications.User credentials and authentication tokens are security sensitive data; therefore, you must configure HTTPS to protect such data.
For standalone installations, configure HTTPS on the Tomcat server and for high-availability installations configure HTTPS on the load balancer.
The following video provides information about configuring Remedy SSO for authentication.