Perform Remedy SSO integration with BMC Analytics for BSM
If you plan to use Remedy Single Single-On for authentication, you must install and configure the Remedy SSO server before installing BMC Analytics for Business Service Management (BMC Analytics for BSM).
The Remedy SSO installer does not uninstall integrations with other products. To integrate Remedy SSO with a supported BMC application which is already integrated with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, you must manually remove the previous integration.
Before you begin
Install and configure the Remedy SSO server first and then install BMC Analytics for BSM.
BMC Analytics for BSM is compatible with Apache Tomcat or Microsoft IIS. If you are using BMC Single Sign-On with BMC Analytics for BSM, only Apache Tomcat is supported.
Ensure that the DNS domain or subdomain of your SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform host is consistent with the 'Cookie Domain' configuration of the Remedy SSO server.
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
- Unzip the Remedy SSO files.
- Run the installation program (setup.exe).
The setup executable is located in the Disk1 directory of the extracted files.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
Select the Integrate with BMC Analytics option, and then click Next.
After successful integration, the server hosting BMC Analytics for BSM will be restarted.
- Enter the directory path where BMC Analytics for BSM is installed.
- Enter the URL to redirect unauthenticated user requests to Remedy SSO for authentication.
Enter the URL for communication between Remedy SSO and agent.
The URL must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) only and not IP addresses or short aliases as they do not preserve cookie domain and prevent functioning of Remedy SSO.
Even when you access applications, use FQDN. For example, remedy.bmc.com.
- Check the installation preview and then click Install to complete the integration.
Silent integration of Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
Alternatively, you can integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM by using the silent mode.
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM using the silent mode
Run the installer with the
-i silent option:
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<path_to_txt_file_with_installation_options>
sh setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<path_to_txt_file_with_installation_options>
The options file had the following parameters:
-P installLocation=<path where product info will be located> -A productRemedySSO -J AL_TYPE=true -J ANALYTICS_HOME=<path_to_Analytics_home> -J ANALYTICS_WEBSERVER_PATH=<path_to_Analytics_server_home> -J INT_URL=<internal_RSSO_url> -J EXT_URL=<external_RSSO_url>