Manually integrating Remedy SSO with Remedy applications
You can integrate Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) to work with the following applications:
- BMC Remedy AR System
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- BMC Innovation Suite
- BMC SmartIT
- BMC Digital Workplace
- BMC Analytics
- BMC TrueSight Presentation Server
The following sections provide the detailed information:
Before setting up Remedy SSO, verify that the following prerequisites are met:
- Installation of JRE version 1.7 and later is installed, and JVM_HOME variable is appropriately set.
- Installation of Tomcat.
- Turn on the Tomcat auto-deployment feature or you should know how to deploy the war-files manually.
- Starting from version 9.1.02, JBOSS is supported to deploy the Remedy SSO agent. An application such as Mid Tier deployed on JBOSS can be integrated with Remedy SSO agent manually.
Setting up Remedy SSO
Installation of Remedy SSO comprises the following stages:
Integrate Remedy SSO with BMC applications
Perform the following processes to integrate Remedy SSO with BMC applications :
- Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System Server
- Integrate with Innovation Suite / Configuration Manager dashboard (CMDB 9.1.04 Atrium Core)
- Integrate with BMC SmartIT/BMC Digital Workplace
- Integrate with BMC Analytics
The table below provides the steps to execute for each stage.
|Remedy SSO manual installation|
Configure BMC Remedy SSO web server
Note: Refer Security Planning for configurations related to security requirements.
Configure Remedy SSO web server with database
|Remedy SSO manual integration with BMC applications|
Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System Server
Integrate with BMC Remedy MidTier
Integrate with Innovation Suite / Configuration Manager dashboard (CMDB 9.1.04 Atrium Core)
Prerequisites: Perform the steps mentioned in Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System Server
Integrate with BMC SmartIT or BMC Digital Workplace
Updating the value of the SAML_AUTHENTICATION column
To update the SAML_AUTHENTICATION value to 1 in the SmartIT_System.TENANT table, run the following command using Java 1.8 or later:
java -jar <MyIT_Smart_IT_path>/tenant-config/tenant-config-3.1.00.000-jar-with-dependencies.jar updateTenant -server http://<MyIT_FQDN>:9000/ux -username <MyIT_Super_Admin_username> -password <MyIT_Super_Admin_password> -tenantName 000000000000001 -hostname localhost -samlAuthentication true
For BMC Digital Workplace release earlier than 3.1, the name for tenant-config-3.1.00.000-jar-with-dependencies.jar will be: tenant-config-2.5.00.000-jar-with-dependencies.jar.
Integrate with BMC Analytics
Integrate with TrueSight Presentation Server
- The Remedy SSO web agent is usually configured to communicate with only one Remedy SSO server. If you want to configure the web agent to communicate with multiple servers, refer to the Agent supporting multiple servers section in Remedy Single Sign-On Agent.
- To remove the integration of Remedy SSO from a BMC application, perform the manual integration steps in reverse order.