When you have Remedy Single Sign-On server installed or upgraded, and Remedy Single Sign-On agent installed for all integrated applications, you can proceed with administering tasks.
This section contains information about configuring Remedy SSO for various authentication types, and other administrative tasks such as configuring branding details or viewing user sessions.
- Setting up Remedy SSO administrator accounts
- Navigating Remedy SSO Admin Console
- Configuring the Remedy SSO server
- Configuring Remedy SSO agent
- Setting up end user authentication
- Managing local users
- Configuring OAuth 2.0
- Creating User ID custom transformation types
- Invalidating and configuring end user sessions
- Configuring Remedy SSO for applications hosted on different domains
- Enabling cross launch for applications integrated with different Remedy SSO servers
- Adding applications to the Digital Service Management page
- Importing and exporting Remedy SSO server configuration
- Transferring data between Remedy SSO servers