Integrating Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
If you plan to use Remedy Single Sign-On for authentication, you must install and configure the Remedy SSO server before installing BMC Analytics for Business Service Management (BMC Analytics for BSM).
To prepare BMC Analytics for BSM for integration with Remedy SSO
- If BMC Analytics for BSM is integrated with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, manually remove the integration.
- Enable Java (1.8 or 1.11) for SAP Business Intelligence:
- Rename tomcat7w.exe to BOEXI40Tomcatw.exe in the <tomcat>/bin folder.
- Double click BOEXI40Tomcatw.exe.
Click the Java tab in Apache Tomcat for BI 4 Properties.
Set the Java Virtual Machine to <JAVA_HOME>\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.
- Ensure that the Java Classpath contains <JAVA_HOME>\tools.jar.
- Restart Apache Tomcat for BI 4 service.
- Enable Trusted Authentication in SAP Business Intelligence:
- Log on to the SAP BusinessObjects Central Management Console (http://<server>:<port>/BOE/CMC) as an administrator.
- Click Authentication in the Manage area, and select Enterprise.
- Ensure that the Trusted Authentication is enabled check box is selected.
- Set the configuration values as follows:
- Shared Secret Validity Period (days): 1000
- Trusted logon request is timeout after N millisecond(s) (0 means no limit): 10000
- Click New Shared Secret, and then click Download Shared Secret.
- Open the downloaded TrustedPrinciple.conf, and copy the value of the SharedSecret to clipboard.
- Click Update.
- Configure SSO for Tomcat SAP Business Intelligence bundled Tomcat:
Open <tomcat>/webapps/BI/index.jsp, and modify it as follows:
Edit <tomcat>/webapps/BI/WEB-INF/web.xml, and replace its content with the content of <tomcat>/webapps/BI/WEB-INF/web.xml.sso.
Open <tomcat>/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/config/default/BIlaunchpad.properties file, and modify it follows:
Before you begin
- Perform all steps to prepare BMC Analytics for BSM for integration with Remedy SSO.
- Ensure that the DNS domain or subdomain of your SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform host is consistent with the Cookie Domain configuration of the Remedy SSO server. For more information, see Installation worksheet for BMC Analytics for BSM .
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
You can integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM by using one of the following integration methods:
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM by using the installer
- On the server where BMC Analytics for BSM is installed, unzip the Remedy SSO installation file to a destination directory.
Depending on your operating system, select the installation program to run the installer:
- (Windows) setup.exe.
- (Linux) sh setup.sh.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
In the BMC Remedy Single Sign-On feature selection screen, select Integrate with BMC Analytics option, and then click Next.
Complete the following installation fields as described in the Integrate with BMC Analytics tab of the Installation worksheets:
- Enter the home path where
- Enter the directory path where BMC Analytics for BSM is installed.
- Enter the URL to redirect unauthenticated user requests to Remedy SSO for authentication.
Enter the URL for communication between Remedy SSO server and Remedy SSO agent.
Check the installation preview and then click Install to complete the integration.
When the integration completes, the server hosting BMC Analytics for BSM will restart.
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM by using the silent mode
- On the server where BMC Analytics for BSM is installed, create the options.txt file.
Copy the options for integrating with BMC Analytics for BSM to the options.txt file:
-P installLocation=<path where product info will be located> -A productRemedySSO -J AL_TYPE=true -J ANALYTICS_HOME=<path_to_Analytics_home> -J ANALYTICS_WEBSERVER_PATH=<path_to_Analytics_server_home> -J INT_URL=<internal_RemedySSO_url> -J EXT_URL=<external_RemedySSO_url>
(Linux) Ensure that no Ctrl+M characters were inserted in the options.txt file.
Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<path_to_txt_file_with_installation_options>Linux
sh setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<path_to_txt_file_with_installation_options>
To integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM manually
You can also integrate Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM manually. For information about how to do this, see Manually integrating Remedy SSO with BMC applications.
Log in or register to comment.