Performing the upgrade
You can directly upgrade to the latest version of Remedy Single Sign-On from any prior version. You can also migrate from an old BMC Atrium Single Sign-On to Remedy SSO. For information about how to do this, see Migrating from BMC Atrium Single Sign-On to Remedy Single Sign-On.
Follow the instructions in this topic to upgrade Remedy SSO to a required version.
Before you begin
Perform all the tasks to prepare for upgrade of Remedy Single Sign-On.
- When you upgrade from Remedy SSO version 220.127.116.11 to version to 18.11 on Oracle database, the upgrade fails with an exception. For more information about the workaround, see Known and corrected issues.
- When you upgrade Remedy SSO with BMC TrueSight Presentation Server to version 18.11 on an embedded PostgresSQL database, the upgrade fails with an exception. For more information about the workaround, see Known and corrected issues.
Upgrade process overview
You upgrade Remedy Single Sign-On by performing the followings steps:
- Upgrade Remedy SSO server
- Upgrade Remedy SSO with integrated products.
Upgrading Remedy SSO server
You upgrade Remedy SSO server in a standalone mode or in a high availability mode in the same way as you install Remedy SSO. When you upgrade the Remedy SSO server, the server binaries (<Tomcat>\webapps\rsso\) and the database schema are upgraded. Configuration files are kept or updated.
To upgrade Remedy SSO server
You upgrade Remedy SSO server by using one of the following methods:
|To upgrade RSSO by using the installation wizard||Installing Remedy SSO by using the installation wizard|
|To upgrade RSSO silently||Installing Remedy SSO silently|
To upgrade Remedy SSO server in high availability mode
If you are upgrading Remedy Single Sign-On in a high availability mode, based on whether or not you plan to shut down the system for the upgrade, perform the upgrade tasks:
|Upgrade option||Upgrade tasks|
|To upgrade Remedy SSO in high availability mode with planned downtime|
|To upgrade Remedy SSO in high availability mode with unplanned downtime|
Upgrading Remedy SSO with integrated applications
You upgrade Remedy SSO with integrated applications the same way you install them. For details about how to upgrade Remedy SSO with integrated applications, review the required installation procedure:
- Integrating Remedy SSO with Remedy AR System and Remedy Mid Tier
- Integrating Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
The web container (Tomcat server) in which BMC Remedy SSO server integrations are running will be restarted during the Tomcat upgrade.
Where to go from here
When you have completed the upgrade tasks, configure Remedy SSO server after upgrade.