Installing Remedy SSO by using the installation wizard
This topic provides instructions for performing Remedy Single Sign-On installation on a standalone server and in a high availability (HA) mode by using the installation wizard.
Alternatively, you can install the product components from a command line. For information about this process, see Installing Remedy SSO silently.
Before you begin
Prepare for installation as described in Preparing for installation.
To install Remedy SSO server in standalone mode
- On a target server, unzip the Remedy SSO installation file to a destination directory.
Depending on your operating system, select the installation program to run the installer:
- (Windows) setup.exe.
- (Linux) sh setup.sh.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Enter the values from the Installation worksheets for the features that you want to install.
- After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input. The Installation Preview panel then appears, listing the product and features that will be installed.
- Click Next.
After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\remedysso_install_log.txt (Windows)
- /tmp/remedysso_install_log.txt (Linux)
- When you are finished reviewing the log, close it.
Click Done to exit the installer.
To install Remedy SSO server in high availability mode
You cannot install Remedy SSO in high availability mode with the embedded database type.
- Ensure that Remedy SSO is installed successfully on the primary node.
Unzip the Remedy SSO files on an additional node.
- Enter the values from the Installation worksheets to run the installation program as described in Install Remedy SSO server in standalone mode. Make sure that you apply the following installation settings on a secondary node:
- The database settings must be same as the settings used by the primary node.
- The database user name and password should the same as on the primary node.
- In the Assign database user field, select the Use Existing User option.
- Complete the rest of the installation steps.