When you have Remedy Single Sign-On server installed or upgraded, and Remedy Single Sign-On agent installed for all integrated applications, you can proceed with administering tasks.
This section contains information about configuring Remedy SSO for various authentication types, and other administrative tasks such as configuring branding details or viewing user sessions.
- Setting up Remedy SSO administrator accounts
- Navigating the Remedy SSO Admin console
- Remedy SSO server general configuration
- Configuring Remedy SSO agent
- Configuring Remedy SSO for authentication
- Configuring OAuth 2.0
- Creating User ID custom transformation types
- Invalidating end user sessions
- Enabling cross launch for applications integrated with different Remedy SSO servers
- Adding applications to the Digital Service Management page