Before you install the Remedy SSO, ensure that your environment meets the hardware and software requirements listed in the following topics:
To get complete compatibility information for Remedy SSO, versions of supported operating systems and databases, use the .
To access the product compatibility information on the Customer Support website, you must have a Support ID.
The Remedy SSO server must meet the following requirements:
- The minimum available disk space on all operating systems must be 1024 MB or higher.
- An additional 7-10 GB of space is recommended for log file growth, depending on the volume of users and products integrating with the Remedy SSO server.
- The Tomcat server on which you install Remedy SSO must have 2048 MB of RAM.
Supported hardware platforms and operating systems for Remedy SSO server
The Remedy SSO server is supported on the following operating systems and platforms and their later versions.
|64-bit x86 compatible PC|
Supported platforms for Remedy SSO agents
Remedy SSO supports Remedy SSO agents running on the following operating systems versions or later versions.
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 2016
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- CentOS 6.5
- Oracle Solaris 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Supported web or application servers
The Tomcat 7 and 8 web/application server and servlet engine are supported on all operating systems and platforms supported by BMC and as defined in the supported hardware platforms and operating systems section.
For more information about security settings, see Security planning.
- MS SQL 2008 and above
- Should be accessible through TCP (not named pipes)
- Should be configured to use SQL Server authentication (not integrated Windows authentication)
- Remedy SSO supports MS SQL Server 'Always On configuration' feature, a DB cluster setup, which is the same for BMC Remedy AR System (Starting from version 9.1.01)
- Oracle 11gR2 and Oracle 12c
- PostgreSQL 9.3 and above.
Java must be installed before you install Remedy SSO as the installer does not include bundled Java.
The following table describes the Java requirements:
Java SE 8
The following network requirements must be met:
- End users must have access to the Remedy SSO server over HTTP/HTTPS.
- The Remedy SSO server must have access to the database.
- The Remedy SSO server must have access to identity providers it uses in order to authenticate end users.
- The Remedy SSO agents must have access to the RSSO server over HTTP/HTTPS.
- AR authentication
- Certificate-based authentication