Prerequisites for Integrating Remedy SSO with BMC Analytics for BSM
This topic describes prerequisites for integrating Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) with BMC Analytics for BSM.
The Tomcat for SAP BI (Business Intelligence) must use Java 1.7 or a later version.
To enable Java 1.8, 1.11, or later for SAP B1 4 bundled Tomcat service
- Rename tomcat7w.exe to BOEXI40Tomcatw.exe in the <tomcat>/bin folder.
- Double click BOEXI40Tomcatw.exe.
Click the Java tab in Apache Tomcat for BI 4 Properties and perform the following tasks:
Set Java Virtual Machine to <JAVA_HOME>\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.
Ensure that Java Classpath also contains <JAVA_HOME>\tools.jar.
<JAVA_HOME> is the home directory of Java. Java versions 1.7, 1.9, and 1.10 are not supported.
- Restart Apache Tomcat for BI 4 service.
- Make a backup of the following file and then delete it: <tomcat>/webapps/BI/WEB-INF/webagent.jar
- If BMC Analytics for BSM does not use BMC Atrium Single Sign-On for authentication, perform the following steps:
- Enable Trusted Authentication in SAP BI.
- Log on to the SAP BusinessObjects Central Management Console (http://<server>:<port>/BOE/CMC) with administrative rights.
- Click the Authentication link in the Manage area.
- Double click the Enterprise option. The Enterprise dialog box opens.
- Scroll down until you see "Trusted Authentication".
- Ensure that the Trusted Authentication is enabled checkbox is selected
- Set the following configuration values:
- Shared Secret Validity Period (days): 1000
- Trusted logon request is timeout after N millisecond(s) (0 means no limit): 10000
- Click New Shared Secret.
- Click Download Shared Secret. Remember the location of downloaded file (TrustedPrinciple.conf) which will be used later.
- Click Update.
Search this string: String SSOEnabled = "0".
Replace string 0 above with 1.
Change the SharedSecret value.
Open the downloaded file 'TrustedPrinciple.conf' in step 1.5 and copy the value of 'SharedSecret'.
Search this string: String sharedSecret = "BSMAnalyticsSecret".
Replace the string BSMAnalyticsSecret above with the value copied from 'TrustedPrinciple.conf'.
Edit <tomcat>/webapps/BI/WEB-INF/web.xml, and replace its content with the content of <tomcat>/webapps/BI/WEB-INF/web.xml.sso.
Edit <tomcat>/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/config/default/BIlaunchpad.properties, and change the url.exit property value to /BI/atssologout.html, i.e. url.exit=/BI/atssologout.html.
Where to go from here