Manually integrating Remedy SSO with BMC applications
This topic provides the steps for manually integrating Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) with BMC applications. You may need manual integration when you want to install Remedy SSO server and Remedy SSO agents on platforms such as JBOSS app server, that are not supported by the Remedy SSO installer. In addition, compared to the Remedy SSO installer, the manual integration steps are easier to execute in various automation/deployment scripts.
You can integrate Remedy SSO with the following BMC applications:
- BMC Remedy AR System
- BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- BMC Innovation Suite
- BMC SmartIT
- BMC Digital Workplace
- BMC Analytics
- BMC TrueSight Presentation Server
The following sections provide the detailed information:
Before setting up Remedy SSO, verify that the following prerequisites are met:
- Installation of JRE version 1.8 and later is installed, and JRE_HOME variable is appropriately set.
- Installation of Tomcat 7 or Tomcat 8.
- Turn on the Tomcat auto-deployment feature or you should know how to deploy the war-files manually.
- Starting from version 9.1.02, JBOSS is supported to deploy the Remedy SSO agent. An application such as Mid Tier deployed on JBOSS can be integrated with Remedy SSO agent manually.
Setting up Remedy SSO
Installation of Remedy SSO comprises the following stages:
Integrate Remedy SSO with BMC applications
Perform the following processes to integrate Remedy SSO with BMC applications :
- Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System Server
- Integrate with Innovation Suite
- Integrate with BMC Analytics
The table below provides the steps to execute for each stage.
|Remedy SSO manual installation|
Configure BMC Remedy SSO web server
Configure Remedy SSO web server with database
|Remedy SSO manual integration with BMC applications|
Integrate with BMC Remedy AR System Server
Integrate with BMC Remedy MidTier
Integrate with Innovation Suite
Integrate with BMC Analytics
Integrate with TrueSight Presentation Server
- The Remedy SSO web agent is usually configured to communicate with only one Remedy SSO server. If you want to configure the web agent to communicate with multiple servers, refer to the Agent supporting multiple servers section in Remedy Single Sign-On Agent.
- To remove the integration of Remedy SSO from a BMC application, perform the manual integration steps in reverse order.