Integrating Remedy SSO with BMC Atrium Orchestrator
To integrate BMC Atrium Orchestrator (BAO) Platform with Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO), you can use one of the following options:
Embedded Remedy SSO
In this option, Remedy SSO is installed with the BAO upgrade when you install the BAO repository, CDP, and HA-CDP and you do not need to install Remedy SSO separately.
If you install the embedded Remedy SSO during the BAO Platform installation, a realm named BAOLocal is automatically created during the installation of the repository, CDP, and HA-CDP if it is installed.
External Remedy SSO
In this option, you need to install a supported version of Remedy SSO on a separate server before installing BAO Platform components.
Install an external Remedy SSO only if you are not installing the embedded Remedy SSO with the BAO Platform installation. Install Remedy SSO before you install BAO Platform components.
To install Remedy SSO, use the instructions in.
During the external Remedy SSO installation, the system prompts you for a database type. To use Remedy SSO with BAO Platform, choose embedded database or Oracle database.
After installing Remedy SSO, perform the following steps:
- Create a realm. For information on creating a realm, see Creating a realm for the Local user authentication.
- Create a user called aoadmin. For information on creating a user, see Configuring Local User Management authentication.
- Create a role called AoAdmin. For information on creating a role, see Configuring Local User Management authentication.
- Assign the aoadmin user to the AoAdmin role. For information on assigning a role to a user, see Configuring Local User Management authentication.
Creating a realm for the Local user authentication
- In the Authentication Type field, click Local.
- (Optional) Click Enable Chaining Mode and perform the following steps to enable authentication chaining. For information about the authentications that you can chain with LDAP, see Authentication chaining.
- Click Add Authentication.
- Select the required authentication type and enter the authentication details.
- Repeat steps a and b to add more authentications for the realm.
- Click Add.