When you have Remedy Single Sign-On server installed or upgraded, and Remedy Single Sign-On agent installed for all integrated applications, you can proceed with administering tasks.
This section contains information about configuring Remedy SSO for various authentication types, and other administrative tasks such as configuring branding details or viewing user sessions.
- Navigating the Remedy SSO Admin console
- Remedy SSO server general configuration
- Configuring Remedy SSO agent
- Configuring Remedy SSO for authentication
- Configuring OAuth 2.0
- Creating User ID custom transformation types
- Invalidating end user sessions
- Adding applications to the Digital Service Management page