Logging on to Self Service
To log on to Self Service, go to the URL that corresponds to your user type, and enter your user name and password. The following table describes the different URLs to be used based on your user type.
|Type of user||How to access Self Service|
Salesforce user with any of the following licenses:
Self Service portal user with any of the following licenses:
|Use the Self Service URL provided by the system administrator. You should have received your user name in an automated email message that also contains a temporary password. If you did not receive this email message, contact your system administrator.|
|Salesforce user and you are a system administrator or staff member|
To retrieve your password
- Click the Forgot Your Password link.
- In the Forgot Your Password page, in the User Name field, type your user name.
- Click Submit.
BMC Remedyforce sends an email message with a temporary password to your registered email address. When you log on with the temporary password, you are directed to a page where you can change your password.
- To access the Self Service Home page, click Login.
To add a security token when logging on from a mobile device
If you are logging on to Self Service by using the https://login.salesforce.com URL from a mobile device outside your company's trusted network, you must add a security token to your password. You can generate a security token by logging on to Salesforce.
- Log on to https://login.salesforce.com from a trusted network.
- Navigate to Setup > Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token.
- Click Reset Security Token.
An email message is sent to your email address.
- Check the email message from Salesforce.com and copy or note the security token.
- On your mobile device, while logging on to Self Service, enter your user name.
- In the Password field, enter your password and then paste or enter the security token.
For example, if your password is mypassword and your security token is XXXXXXXXX, you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXX in the Password field.
- Click Login.
Logging on to the BMC Remedyforce mobile application
To log on to the BMC Remedyforce Self Service mobile application by using an iPhone mobile device, type the Self Service secure URL or the Salesforce URL ( https://login.salesforce.com ) in the Enter the Self Service URL field.
To log on to BMC Remedyforce Self Service mobile application from an Android device, type the Salesforce user ID and password.
The system administrator provides the following information:
- User ID
- Self Service secure URL
You need to type the Self Service secure URL or Salesforce URL and your logon credentials only once. Self Service retains this data for subsequent logon attempts.