Supported Salesforce platform versions, user types, and licenses
This topic provides information about the Salesforce platform versions, user types, and licenses that BMC Remedyforce supports along with the steps for configuring BMC Remedyforce for the Salesforce Lightning experience.
Salesforce platform versions supported by BMC Remedyforce
BMC Remedyforce is supported on the following versions of the Salesforce platform:
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Performance Edition
For more information about the editions offered by Salesforce, see the Salesforce Help.
Salesforce user types available in BMC Remedyforce
The following user types are available in BMC Remedyforce:
- Standard user—Remedyforce Staff have full functionality of BMC Remedyforce features and can create and manage incidents, problems, change requests, broadcasts, tasks, knowledge articles, configuration items, service requests, service level agreements, reports, dashboards, Chatter, and other service desk related functions, including change assessments and approvals. This is typically called a Salesforce Platform license in Salesforce.
- End user—Customers receive 250 end user licenses at no additional cost for each BMC Remedyforce standard user license they purchase. End users can access the Self Service portal to search the knowledge base, submit service requests, and check the status of their service requests and on behalf of others. End users can also approve records and use Chatter. This is typically called a Salesforce Platform license in Salesforce. However, in some cases it could also be a Customer Portal Manager Custom license.
- Casual user (license add on)—BMC Remedyforce casual users have the same functionality as BMC Remedyforce standard users, but their average login time and number of records updated might not exceed 40% of the average login time and number of records updated by standard users in the same Salesforce organization.
- Platform user (license add on)—This user license is purchased in addition to the BMC Remedyforce Standard user. This is an option to add full rights to platform functionality to build and use custom applications, use Appexchange applications, and so on.
Salesforce licenses supported in BMC Remedyforce
The Salesforce licenses determine the pages, tabs, classes, objects, and components that are available to the users. The profiles that can be assigned to a user are also based on the user license. The following table lists the Salesforce licenses that are supported in BMC Remedyforce.
This license is provided to the system administrator of BMC Remedyforce.
Salesforce Platform License
This license is used to create BMC Remedyforce change managers, staff members, and clients.
Customer Portal Manager Custom License
This license is used to create only client users of BMC Remedyforce. However, BMC is no longer provisioning organizations with these licenses since January 2013.
The Authenticated Website License is not supported in BMC Remedyforce. Although the Authenticated Website license users can log on to Self Service and submit tickets, they cannot view their tickets.
BMC Remedyforce and the Salesforce Lightning Experience
The Salesforce Lightning Experience is a new Salesforce user interface that has been introduced to customers over the past year. BMC Remedyforce supports this new Salesforce Lightning Experience for customers who opt to use the Lightning Experience over Salesforce Classic option.
- BMC Remedyforce supports only the Remedyforce Console on the Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- The Home Page is not supported in the Lightning Experience.
- The current Lightning Home page does not support listing your pending approvals.
- The Salesforce sidebar is not supported in the Salesforce Lightning view.
- The print functionality is not supported in the Lightning Experience.
- The keyboard navigation is not supported in the Lightning Experience for any module.
- While creating an incident from Chatter in the Lightning Experience, you cannot attach more than 1 file.
- The SmartView option is available only in the Console forms in the Lightning Experience.
While the BMC Remedyforce Classic option works under the Salesforce Lightning option, you can configure BMC Remedyforce to apply branding and some color control using the Salesforce Lightening Experience. Follow the steps given below to configure BMC Remedyforce for the Salesforce Lightning Experience.
Ensure that have already turned on the Salesforce Lightning Experience in your organization and have assigned the appropriate permissions. For more information, see Salesforce Help.
Configuring BMC Remedyforce for Lightning
- From Lightning, click the Setup gear icon and then select Setup Home.
- In Quick Find, type App. From the search results, click App Manager.
- Click New Lightning App and enter a name for your app and provide the description. For example, Remedyforce Lightning.
- Upload an image of your choice (For example, your company logo) and set the Primary Color Hex Value (for example, your company’s primary color) and click Next.
- Click Next.
Select the tabs you want to make available.
The Tab accessibility can be managed at the Profile or Permission Set Level.
BMC recommends that you select the following tabs:
Remedyforce Marketplace (optional)
Remedyforce Service Health
Remedyforce Self Service (optional)
Assign the profiles that should have access to this app. For example, ServiceDesk System Administrator, ServiceDesk Staff, and the ServiceDesk Change Manager.
The app that works in the Salesforce Lightning Experience is now ready with your logo and color scheme.
BMC recommends that you test the above procedure under various profiles. For example, typically for the staff member, the Remedyforce Administration tab is set to Hidden. Verify this after you create the Lightning app and then make it available to your staff members.