Configuring urgency assignment order
You must define how urgencies are assigned to a record by ranking the fields on the form. Because urgencies are assigned to broadcasts, categories, and clients, you must define the order of these assignments.
The urgency assignment order has the following default assignment order:
- Clients The urgency assignment order is designed to identify which record is considered first when different urgency levels are selected on each record. You can update the urgency assignment order based on the requirements of your account.
For example, create an incident record with Client ID=Roger and Category=Network. You can assign an urgency to a client and a category. In this example, the system administrator has assigned Roger, the client, an urgency of Low and the Network category an urgency of High. Now, two different urgencies are possible for this incident because of the different urgency values for the client and the category. However, the incident is assigned an urgency of High because Categories is higher than Clients in the urgency assignment order.
To configure urgency assignment order
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Urgency Assignment Order.
- In the Urgency Assignment Order list, select the appropriate record.
To change the urgency assignment order, click.
Broadcasts have the highest urgency precedence and cannot be moved down the urgency assignment order.
- If a field with an assigned urgency is changed, to update the Urgency ID field, select the Recalculate urgency to reflect changes in the urgency assignment order whenever records are updated check box.
- Click Save.