Enabling Salesforce knowledge articles to be viewed in Self Service
You can show a Salesforce knowledge article in Self Service 2.0, but not in Self Service 3.0. If you installed BMC Remedyforce Winter 17 (20.17.01), you get Self Service 3.0 in the Remedyforce Self Service tab. However, if you upgrade to BMC Remedyforce Winter 17, you continue to get Self Service 2.0 in the Remedyforce Self Service tab and also get the option to upgrade to Self Service 3.0.
Only published Salesforce knowledge articles can be viewed in Self Service. Ensure that the following conditions are set for Salesforce knowledge articles that you want to display in Self Service:
- The required Salesforce Article Type must be in Deployed state.
- In the Article Type Permission section of the Article Type of the knowledge article, select the Read check box for the ServiceDesk Client profile.
- Fields of the required Article Type must be set visible to the ServiceDesk Client profile. For more information, see the Salesforce Help.
- While creating a knowledge article, in the Channels area, select the Customer Portal check box.This is needed only if the organization have Self Service users based on Customer Portal license.
For more information, see the Salesforce Help.
- In BMC Remedyforce, on the Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Search page, ensure that the Enable Salesforce knowledge article searching check box is selected.
- In BMC Remedyforce, on the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > Global Search page, ensure that the Search Salesforce knowledge articles check box is selected and click Refresh Article Types.
- (Optional) To display article summary of Salesforce knowledge article, navigate to Setup > Customize > Knowledge > Settings and ensure that the Customer Portal check box is selected in the Article Summaries section.
- (Optional) To search and view articles of more than one language, navigate to Setup > Customize > Knowledge > Settings and ensure that the required language is active in the Language Settings section.