Viewing submitted tickets and service requests
The tickets and requests that you have submitted are displayed in the Tickets and Requests tab. To access the Tickets and Requests tab, click View Tickets and Requests.
Based on your role in the organization, you can also see the following records:
- In the Self list, records submitted by you
- In the Others list, you see the following records:
- Submitted by you on behalf of other users
- Submitted by other users below you in the role hierarchy
- Assigned to a queue to which you belong
The Self and Others options are provided in the View list. By default, the View list is displayed based on the following conditions:
- Your profile is created by using the Salesforce, Salesforce Platform, or Chatter Only license.
- Your profile is created by using the Customer Portal Manager Custom license, and your role is <Account name> Customer Executive or <Account name> Customer Manager.
If your system administrator has restricted users from viewing records created by other users, the View list is not displayed. In this case, all users can view only the records that they have submitted for themselves.
Searching for submitted tickets and service requests
You can also filter tickets and service requests by their status or use the Search text box. The search results depend upon the values provided in the following options:
- Search text box
- Value list
- Status list
The Service Requests section displays the service requests that match the following conditions:
- The service requests contain the search criteria.
- The status of these service requests matches the status selected in the Status list.
- If you are <Account name> Customer Executive or <Account name> Customer Manager, the Service Requests section displays your service requests if you have selected Self from the View list.
- If you have selected Account from the View list, the Service Requests section displays service requests that you have created for users of your account.
- If your profile is created by using the Salesforce, Salesforce Platform, or Chatter Only licenses and you select Others from the View list, the Service Requests section displays service requests that you have created for other users below you in the Role Hierarchy.
Note the following important points:
- If you do not select a value from the View list or Status list, Self Service performs the search with the default values of these lists: Self from the View list and ALL from the Status list.
- Self Service performs a case-insensitive search.
- Self Service does not search in the Lookup Relationship, Formula, Date, and Date/Time fields.
- You must type a minimum of two characters in the Search field.
For example, you are <Account name> Customer Executive or <Account name> Customer Manager and you want to view all open service requests of your account that you have created for Charlotte. To perform this search, select Account from the View list, OPENED from the Status list, type Charlotte in the Search field, and click Search.
Updating a ticket or service request
If you are viewing a ticket or service request, you can perform the following actions:
In the Add Attachments and Notes section, add an attachment to the ticket or service request by clicking Browse. Navigate to the location of the attachment that you want to use, select the required attachment, click Open and then Add.
Attachments size must not exceed 25 MB. If the file size of an attachment exceeds 25 MB, you cannot attach that file and an error message is displayed.
If you are using the Google Chrome or Apple Safari browser, you might need to click the Choose File button to select the attachment that you want to add.
The attachments that you have added to the ticket or service request are displayed in the Attachments section.
The documents that the staff member attaches with the ticket or service request are displayed in the Attachments section and the Added By column is populated.
- Click Delete to delete an attachment.
- Click the Notes tab to add a note for the ticket or service request.
- If you are a non-portal user, you can view the approval history of the service request in the Approvals tab. In this tab, you can view the approver of the service request, the status of the approval, the date when the service request was submitted for approval, and the comments entered in the approval record by the approver. The total number of approvals is displayed in the title of the Approvals tab.
If you have reported an issue, you can view the solution that the staff member who resolved the ticket had entered.