Verifying Discovery Server status
This section provides information about the Discovery Server status logs that you can monitor to identify issues related to the Discovery Server.
Overview of the Discovery Server status logs
The Discovery Server status logs help you to monitor the following issues:
- Enabling and disabling of discovery
- Provisioning of the Discovery Server
Viewing the success or failure status of the request to keep the Discovery Server alive
If you have configured discovery in your organization, Remedyforce sends a request to the Discovery Server in every 24 hours to maintain and check that the link between the two is operating. In a sandbox organization, if this request is not sent continuously for a period of 10 days, the Discovery Server is deleted.
The Discovery Server logs are available to you in the
System Properties object.
While monitoring, if you frequently see logs related to disabling of discovery, decommissioning of the Discovery Server, or failure of sending the request to keep the Discovery Server alive request (for example, you continuously see the
Last_Discovery_KeepAlive_Failure_Exception log once in every 10 days), your Discovery Server might be impacted or accidentally deleted. To resolve the issue, contact BMC Support and provide the log details.
The following figure shows the logs generated for the Discovery Server.
The following table describes the Discovery Server status logs:
Stores the latest date on which discovery was enabled in your Salesforce organization.
|Stores the date of the first request to create the Discovery Server.
|Stores the latest date of the Discovery Server creation request.
Stores the latest successful request sent to keep the Discovery Server alive.
|Stores the details of the last failure or exception that occurred when the request to keep the Discovery Server alive was unsuccessful.
|Stores the latest date on which an email notification was sent to inform failure in sending the request to keep the Discovery Server alive.
|Stores the latest date on which an email notification was sent to inform the number of days remaining to delete the Discovery Server.
|Stores the latest date when the number of days remaining to release the Discovery Server reaches 0 or less.
|Stores the date when discovery was disabled in your Salesforce organization.
|Stores the latest Discovery Server deletion date.
|Stores the latest date on which discovery was disabled.
Accessing the Discovery Server status logs
The Discovery Server status logs are available to you in the
Properties object. To view the status logs, you will need to create a tab for the object.
- To create a tab for the System Properties object, perform the following actions:
- Click Setup > Tabs.
- On the Custom Object Tabs section, click New.
- On the Step 1. Enter the Details page, in the Object list, select System Properties.
- In the Tab Style field, select a tab style.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a short description of the custom object tab.
- Click Next.
- On the Step 2. Add to Profiles page, in the list corresponding to the Apply one tab visibility to all profiles radio button, select Default off.
- Select the Apply a different tab visibility for each profile radio button.
- In the Profile column, identify the Salesforce profile to which you have assigned the Remedyforce Administrator permission set (for example, System Administrator).
- In the Tab Visibility column, select Default On for the Salesforce user profile to which you have assigned the Remedyforce Administrator permission set.
- Click Next.
- On the Step 3. Add to Custom Apps page, in the Custom App column, identify BMC Remedyforce.
- In the Include Tab column clear the Include Tab check box and select BMC Remedyforce.
- Click Save.
- Click All Tabs (+).
- Click the SYSProperties tab.