Verifying data after migration
After the CMDB data migration is complete, check the logs. One of the following logs is provided on the CMDB 2.0 Upgrade page:
- Success log -- Shown when data is migrated successfully. The log contains Instance ID, Instance Name, and Salesforce unique record ID of the
Base Elementobject for all migrated CIs. If the success log reaches the limit of 5 MB, no new logs are added.
- Error log -- Shown when not all data is migrated successfully. The log contains exception messages, Instance ID, Instance Name, Salesforce unique record ID of the
Base Elementobject, and error stack trace.
As an alternative to checking the success logs to verify that your migration was successful, you can create a tab for the
Base Element object and check the records on the tab.
To create a tab for the Base Element object to verify data after migration
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects.
- In the Label column, click Base Element.
- In the Page Layouts section, in the Action column, click Edit for Remedyforce Base Element.
- Drag the fields that you have migrated to the layout, and click Save.
- To create a tab for the
Base Elementobject, navigate to Setup > Create > Tabs.
- On the Custom Tabs page, click New.
- In the Object list, select Base Element.
- In the Tab Style list, select the required style for the tab, and click Next.
- Select visibility preferences for the tab, and click Next.
- Click Save.
- Click the Base Element tab.
- In the Action column, click Edit for any record.
Check the data in the records. If you see correct values in the fields, data migration was successful.