Settings for email conversation
Settings that you can configure for all the users of email conversation are provided on the Email Conversation Settings page.
You can configure multiple email addresses from which staff members can select one email address that appears in the From field of an email message that they send from a record. For example, assume that you are using BMC Remedyforce to provide service to multiple groups or clients, such as Human Resource and Finance departments. If you configure multiple from email addresses, such as HR@abc.com and Finance@abc.com, the staff members of the HR department can select HR@abc.com while sending an email message from a record. Also, the staff members of the Finance department can select Finance@abc.com while communicating with their clients.
To configure the email conversation settings
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Email tile, and from the menu, select Email Conversation Settings.
The email addresses that you have configured as organization-wide email addresses are available in the From email address field. To configure the organization-wide email addresses, see Defining organization-wide email address.
The selected organization-wide email address sends all outbound email messages from your organization. This email address appears in the From field of all email messages sent to clients. It also appears in the From field of all notification email messages. From the From email address field, select the required organization-wide email address.
- To make the email address available to users of all profiles or selected profiles, select Assign the email address to all profiles or Assign the email address to selected profiles.
- To configure a default email address, in the From email address field, select the email address, and select the Set As Default check box.
You can configure a default email address for all profiles only.
If you want to make the email address available to users of selected profiles only, from the Available Profiles list, select the required profiles, and click the right arrow to move the selected profiles to the Selected Profiles list.
While creating this organization-wide email address, if you selected the Allow Only Selected Profiles to Use the From Address option, ensure that you select the same profiles in the Available Profiles list.
- Click .
- To configure multiple from email addresses, repeat step 3 to step 7.
- To enable the To field on the Email Message window, select the Enable the To Field for editing check box.
By default, only the email address of the client is provided in the To field and the field is disabled.
- To enable the Bcc field on the Email Message window, select Show the Bcc field check box.
The email address provided in the Bcc field is not saved in the record details.
- To enable the Email Template field on the Email Message window, select the Enable the Email Template Field check box.
To allow the staff members to add additional information in the selected email template, select the Allow staff members to add additional information in the email sent using templates check box.
If you select this check box, ensure that the Additional_email_information field is added in the email templates.
- To enable the staff members to preview the email template, select the Enable preview of Email Templates check box.
This option is not selected by default.
To allow Salesforce organization to send you all types of email messages, ensure that Access Level in the Access to Send Email section is set to All email on the Setup > Email Administration > Deliverability page.