Reporting an issue
To report an issue, try one of the following ways:
- Based on the configurations set by system administrator, you see the Common Tickets and Common Service Requests tabs or only the Common Service Requests tab. If only the Common Service Requests tab is shown, templates to report an issue and request a service are available in the tab. Based on the tab that you see, browse through the list of templates to report the issue in the Common Tickets or Common Service Requests tab.
- If the available templates do not suit your requirements, click the Submit a Ticket tile.
- If your system administrator has informed you about the keywords (or hashtags) that you can use in a Chatter group, use Chatter to post a message in the Chatter group. Ensure that your message includes correct keywords (or hashtags).
- Based on the configurations set by the system administrator to create incidents by using email messages, you may be able to report an issue by sending an email message. The total size of the email cannot exceed 25 MB. The maximum size of email messages for email services varies, depending on language and character set. The size of an email message includes the email headers, body, attachments, and encoding. As a result, an email with a 25 MB attachment would likely exceed the 25 MB total size limit for an email message, after accounting for the size of headers, body, and encoding.
To report an issue
- In the Common Tickets or Common Service Requests tab, perform one of the following actions:
Browse through the catalog of incident templates.
Search for the required incident template: Enter keywords (for example, network, hardware, and so on) or at least two characters in the Search field and click Search. In the Common Tickets tab, click the required incident template.
In the Search field, if you type All, the search results display service requests and incident templates that contain All in any field. The search results also display those service requests that are visible to your profile.
- If the available incident templates do not suit your requirements, click Submit a Ticket.
To report an issue for another user, click the On behalf of list, and select the required client.
If the On behalf of list does not appear, you are not authorized to report issues for other users.
- In the Describe your issue field, describe the issue you are facing.
If you are using a custom form in which your system administrator has added more fields, enter values in those fields.
Based on the Smart Suggestions configurations set by the system administrator for Self Service 2.0, when you enter a description of the issue, the Smart Suggestions pane may be displayed on the top right corner of the ticket form to display relevant information. For more information, see Using Smart Suggestions in Self Service to create or edit tickets.
- From the Category list, select the category of the issue.
Based on the Smart Suggestions configurations set by the system administrator for Self Service 2.0, when you select a category, the Smart Suggestions pane may be displayed on the top right corner of the ticket form to display relevant information. For more information, see Using Smart Suggestions in Self Service to create or edit tickets.
If you have selected an incident template, the Category list is populated with the category of the incident template. The Category list does not have a value when you click the Submit a Ticket tile. To see a description of a category, place your cursor over the selected category in the category tree.
(Optional) In the Add Attachments and Notes section, add an attachment to the ticket.
Attachments size must not exceed 25 MB. Also, you can delete only your own attachments. You cannot delete attachments added by staff members.
The attachments that you have added to the ticket are displayed in the Attachments section.
- Click Submit.
- (Optional) To add more details to the ticket, type the details in the Note field, and click Add.
If the text that you want to add is long, click to view a larger text box for your note.
The Note field is cleared, and the text that you typed is added to the table. To view the text, double-click the record; the text is displayed in the Ticket History window.
The staff member who is assigned to work on your ticket types the solution that you require in the Solution field. If the solution text is long, click to view the solution in a larger text box. The documents that the staff member attaches with the ticket are displayed in the Attachments section, and the Added By column is populated with the text Service Desk.