Exporting translation files
To translate BMC Remedyforce and then apply it to different environments, Salesforce allows you to export and import translation files. You can export all the labels associated with BMC Remedyforce in a translation file, translate the required labels, and import these translation files in Salesforce.
- Navigate to Setup > Translation Workbench > Export.
- On the Export page, select Bilingual and click Export.
- When the export is complete, you receive an email that provides you export completion status.
- In Salesforce, in the menu where tabs are provided, click +.
- Next to the page icon, click Documents.
More than one document can be created and added to the My Personal Documents folder. The naming convention used for file names is Bilingual_<date> _<time> <_language code >part <_x > of <y >.zip, where x and y are numerals.
- Click the ZIP file that is the first in the folder, for example, Bilingual_<language code ><_date ><_time >_part 1 of 2.zip.
- Click View file.
- If you have more than one document, repeat steps 6 and 7.
- Unzip all the ZIP files that you have opened.
There is a translation file for each language in the ZIP files.
The items associated with BMC Remedyforce are referenced by using "BMCServiceDesk".
- Open the Bilingual_<language code><date><time>.stl file in a text editor, such as Notepad or Notepad++.
There are two sections in the file, TRANSLATED and UNTRANSLATED.
- Move the UNTRANSLATED section at the end of the file.
- Move the items that you do not want to translate to the UNTRANSLATED section.
- In the TRANSLATED section, enter the localized text.
The following fields are available in the TRANSLATEDsection:
- KEY: Object name. Do not change or translate the key information.
- LABEL: Current label for the key.
- TRANSLATION: Translation of the label.
- OUT OF DATE: Indicates if the translation is current.
Press the Tab key after each entry under each of these fields.
Add a hyphen "-" in the OUT OF DATE field to mark the translation as the latest translation.
- After entering the translations, you can import these translation files in the organization that you want to translate.