Enabling incident creation in BMC Remedyforce by using email messages
This section provides information about configuring BMC Remedyforce to create incidents by sending email messages.
Work with your Email Administration group to set up a rule to forward all emails that come to your outbound email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). These emails must be forwarded to the email address (for example, email@example.com) of your email service.
For more information about configuring your email server, see the documentation of your email server.
The following topics are provided:
- Creating incidents and retrieving incident status through email messages
- Settings to create incidents by using email messages
- Saving the email address information in the Incident object
- Notifying an undefined client who created an incident through an email message
- Saving client's email message with which an incident is created